Friday, November 7, 2008

Canada's health system

Canada's health system is based on universal healthcare system which doesnt cover you 100 % but maybe 75 %. Countries like Australia & Japan also follows the same system.

there are a few things that in my view can enhance the practicalty of the system. which are as follows,

1) If Canadian govt. can hire more experienced Doctors from the immigrants. I have seen a lot of doctors doing a menial job just because they are required to retake the professional exams.

2) If the Canadian govt. can setup extra centres for taking care of the Emergency scenarios then it could definitely cut on the waiting time that is not less than an agony for the already sick people.

3) If the Canadian govt. can import all the prescription drugs (which is really very expensive) form countries like China, India & Pakistan as they could get them in much cheaper rates can eventually benifit the patients.

These were a few areas that I thought could further improve the healthcare system of Canada.I would certainly like to know your comments on this topic.thanks

2 comments:

Susan said...

I can't compare our health care system to any other because its the only one I am really familiar with, but I think it has problems, and good things about it. It's wonderful to know that even with its problems,we can depend on it.

I know that the Medical industry puts a lot of barriers in the way of immigrant doctors finding work. They do need to have some method in place to certify them, so that there is a common understanding of what they have studied and how they practice. However, the barriers should be lowered, especially as we are screaming about doctor shortages, and long wait times.

But I spent most of my life living in rural areas of Alberta. We almost always had immigrant doctors. To me, it seems as though they are more common.

yinka said...

I quite agree with your suggestions especially about hiring immigrants doctors,this might help reduce the waiting time in hospitals.